Minimize costs and emissions while magnifying productivity and profits with proprietary oxyfuel solutions
When your business is turning raw ore and scrap into marketable metal, heating and melting take up a lot of your time and money—and when heating and melting take up a lot of your time and money, oxyfuel solutions from Messer can save you both.
Atmospheric air contains only 21% oxygen. The other 79% is almost entirely nitrogen, which adds nothing to the combustion process, but which your system must still heat and circulate along with the oxygen. This not only wastes your fuel and energy, but also leads to the production of unwanted NOx.
Messer’s proprietary OXIPYR™ oxyfuel solutions may be your answer.
Our market-leading solutions give furnaces a boost by replacing a portion of that “dead-weight” nitrogen with pure, combustible oxygen. This typically triggers a dramatic increase in combustion efficiency and a cascade of positive benefits such as:
- Up to 100% increase in melting rates
- Up to 50% reduction in fuel costs
- Up to 90% reduction in emissions
- More even heat distribution with fewer hot spots
- Up to 50% increase in overall throughput
- 50% reduction in carbon footprint
With more than 200 custom-engineered oxyfuel system installs to our credit, Messer has the experience and know-how to deliver your ideal solution. Whether you need our OXIPYR™ low emission “flameless” burner for an aluminum rotary furnace, a vessel/ladle preheating solution for your iron-smelting furnace, OXIPYR™ gas injection lances for your copper-processing reverberatory furnace, or one of countless other configurations, we’ll engineer it, build it, install it, and teach you how to get the most out of it.
Want to know more? Choose your market specialty below, or request your free plant and furnace audit.